Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Few Days Late and a Couple Dollars Short...But Who Cares, I'm Done!!

I started my final semester of classes for BYU via Indepedent Study when I moved to Virginia in January. I had the lofty goal of completing all my classes in time for April graduation, which gave me a little less than 3 months to finish 6 classes. Was I kidding myself, or what?! I was also recently engaged and planning a wedding. You tell me which is more fun...that's what I thought.

Finally, after 10 months of classes hanging over my head, I am done!!

I flew to Utah last week to take all my finals (it is not required that you take them at BYU, but it ended up being less expensive due to our free round-trip flight on Southwest). In addition to taking my finals, I got to see my wonderful sister, cousin, past roommates and friends. All in all, a great week. The best part is that now I am free of the guilt that comes with doing anything other than Independent Study classes. Oh, and the other best part is that my Mom can finally rest easy, no longer worried that I would never be a college graduate after I decided to go off and get married!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats Lauren!

AmyJune said...

I'm so glad you are done!! Congratulations you well educated woman. :)