Christmas is one of my favorite things. It just so happens that my family and the Gospel are two more of my favorite things and everything seems to be all packaged nicely together during the Christmas season.
I have been getting very excited for our trip to Barcelona for Christmas this year with my family. This is normally an exciting trip all on it's own (because it is in fact Barcelona and my family is actually living there).
This Christmas is made all the more exciting because #1, I get to see my Dad. I always get to see my Dad at Christmas, but normally I get to see him at a few other times during the year as well. This past year I saw my parents in early April, but my Dad wasn't able to come to our wedding, so it has been almost 8 months since I have been with him. That's the longest span of time we haven't been able to see each other and I'll be honest, I haven't much liked it. I am looking forward to seeing Mom and the boys as well, of course! It's been a little over 6 months since we were able to spend some time together at the wedding. And as for Rebecca, well, it will great to see her too, though I did recently spend a week in Provo.
The #2 reason for the heightened Christmas excitement is that Russ and I are also going to Italy! Hooray! Russ has been twice, but I've never been so I convinced him to take me. We'll be spending a week with my family in Barcelona, then a week in Italy and then back to Barcelona for three more days before we head back to real life. The heading back part is tragic, but necessary if we plan on doing any fun traveling ever again. :-)
Last but not least, the #3 reason for extra Christmas cheer is that Russ and I still have a little bit of money left over from our wedding to spend at Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn for fun holiday things.
Yesterday, Russ and I went to the Outlets for the remaining gift items on our Christmas list and I got a little Christmas present for myself at Williams-Sonoma. They are little appetizer/dessert/whatever plates that have different little snowmen on them. I think they are adorable and I plan on using them for whatever I can from now until we leave and for every Christmas from here on out.

5 comments:
How fun Lauren! You'll love Italy:) Sounds like you guys are going to have a very fun Christmas.
Emily
Love the plates.
Ahhh, I'm so excited for you to go to Italy! It is beautiful! So, my silly forgetful self meant to recommend our hotel in Rome to you, but knowing you, you probably have that all figured out now. If you are still needing a place, please let me know. It was very reasonable, centrally located, and very comfortable/spacious (for a European hotel). I'll call you sometime soon to catch up. Merry Christmas! (And way cute plates!)
Spain and Italy! What a wonderful way to spend the holidays. I can't wait to hear which city you'll visit in Italy.
I agree, living away from family is difficult. I can't imagine having them on a differnet continent.
Also, the plates are darling.
Lauren,
I just thought I would let you know that I found your blog through Megan and think it's totally cute! I was in the Langley ward when you and Russ started dating, but moved shortly thereafter because I got engaged and then married. He was crazy about you from the beginning! Glad to see that all is going well for you! You are such a cute couple. Have fun in Spain and Italy, what an awesome way to spend Christmas!
Janelle Sondrup
Post a Comment