Friday, January 30, 2009
An apple a day
Two days ago, I went to the doctor and had a pretty typical blood test. Not a lot of blood was drawn, just a quick in and out. After the blood test was over, I stood up and felt a little light-headed and dizzy. I thought I would walk it off - after all, I have never felt that way after having my blood drawn before. I made it all the way to the front of the office to schedule my next appointment, and the next thing I know, I'm on the ground with a a bunch of nervous nurses and doctors trying to help. That's right - I fainted in the doctor's office. Wow, that's not embarrassing at all. Especially because all the nurses were like, "Wow, we've never had someone faint from such a small blood sample before." Thanks. The doctor had me lie down and all the nurses were so nice. They brought me water, juice, and even pizza. All the other patients walking past my room were probably wondering why I was getting all the attention - and all the pizza! The doctor was worried about me driving home, so I ended up having to call Russ to come and get me. That was an interesting call. :-) The whole event was a little embarrassing, but otherwise, just fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sad story...but now you know how to get free pizza ;)Hope you're doing well!
Well you fit right in with the rest of the family. I have totally had that happen to me and Stephen also gets quite woozy when giving blood. I hate giving blood so much that when the doctor told me to go to this lab to get a blood test before going to college I flat out refused. My mom told me that I could have some strange blood disorder and I told her that I'd rather die from that disease than give the blood.
Stephen was giving blood for a physical and there was a younger boy in the waiting area with his mom really upset about having to give blood. Apparently you could see back into the area where they take your blood and the mom of the younger boy said to his son, "Look at that brave big boy. They are taking his blood and he is just fine." Just then Stephen looses his color and starts to pass out.
Haha! Oh my goodness, Jessica, that just made me laugh out loud. That pour little boy in the waiting room must have had a heart attack when he saw Stephen pass out!
Post a Comment