Coming out of the temple

Husband and Wife

Me with the Bride
I had to throw in a picture of the bridesmaids flowers -
aren't they stunning?

My Sweet Husband

Husband and Wife
Me with the Bride
aren't they stunning?
My Sweet Husband
Now that I have introduced the new couple, I wanted to add a few of my personal favorite moments from the day. The first occurred in the sealing room before Rebecca and Gerrit were brought in. I was seated next to Grandma Waddell and she turned and handed me a beautiful saphire ring. She told me that her father had given it to her mother and that now she wanted me to have it. I was baptized for her mother (Great-Grandma Ima Mable Schaffer) when I was 12 years old. It was the first baptism I performed in the San Diego temple and have always felt a connection to her because of it. I was so touched that my Grandma would give such a special gift and it doesn't hurt that it is so beautiful!
The second wonderful moment of the day was one I have been dreaming about for the past 15 months when I was sealed to Russ. Our wedding day was nearly perfect, all except for the fact that my Dad was 7,000 miles away in Barcelona. I accepted that he would not be there, knowing that at that moment it was necessary for him to be serving the people of Barcelona and his missionaries. His absence was notable all day, especially at the reception when we would have had our Father-Daughter dance. At Rebecca and Gerrit's reception, as they announced the Father-Daughter dance, I left the room with Russ and he let me cry on his shoulder. After their dance, I tried to compose myself to go back in when I looked up and saw my Dad. He asked if we could have a dance as well and he took me out onto the dance floor. Rebecca was sweet enough to let me steal a few moments away from her day and I finally got to have my Father-Daughter dance. It meant so much to me and I don't think words can express how grateful I am for those few minutes on the dance floor with my Dad. I don't even know what song we danced to because I was just so happy to have my dance. I think it was the perfect ending to Russ' and my reception 15 months ago. Thanks to Rebecca and Gerrit for giving me a few moments of their day, and to my Dad for saving a dance for me.
With my Dad
2 comments:
Sounds like a perfect day. I really like that picture of you and Rebecca. Wish we could have been there to see you all.
Emily
How special! I'm so glad you posted pictures. Rebecca looks gorgeous.
Post a Comment