This lovely camera arrived today and I am so excited! We decided with our new little one on the way we would like to have a nice camera for documenting all the wonderful things she will be doing. We decided to make it my birthday present, as it isn't something I felt like we could justify buying just any old time. It took us a few months to decide what we wanted, but now we finally have it and I am looking forward to playing around with it so I have a clue how to use it by the time she is born.I realized I never actually posted about my birthday, so here are a few memories from the birthday weekend...
My wonderful parents were in town (for Russel's graduation, and it just occurred to me that I never posted about that either) and we went to the waterfront in Old Town Alexandria
Hanging out in Old Town
We also took a drive out to Lurray, VA and enjoyed the beautiful countryside and this lovely old church.
On the actual day, posing with my cake and my cute nephews, Jimmy and Dane. They were busy checking out the cake and waiting to sing happy birthday so they could dive in.
And just for fun, here is a picture of me at 29 1/2 weeks. Hard to believe baby girl still has 10-11 weeks of growing to do...scary.

3 comments:
I saw the title "happy birthday to me" and was worried we somehow missed your birthday! :) whef, glad we didn't.
Enjoy your new camera! I'm sure it will be well used. I took probably 200 pictures of Ava the first week. Poor Girl. I was worried I permanently damaged her eyes with the flash.
You will love your camera! I couldn't get Michael to go along with a fancier camera, but I did get a pretty good point and shoot for my birthday and I take WAY too many pictures of her already!
Happy Birthday to you! That's a NICE camera. My advice is to get a good external hard drive to keep all your photos safe.
I agree, your parents really are wonderful.
Ok, this time I posted my comment with the correct post! In case you're wondering why there's a deleted comment on your July post.
Post a Comment