Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Helaman Halls

My brother Marc started his freshman year at BYU this week. I've been trying to get a hold of him to see how he is doing, ask about his classes and his roommate, etc. Then tonight I realized he is way too busy having a great time meeting the guys on his floor, checking out cute girls and figuring out his way around campus to bother calling his boring old sister back. Seriously, why would he want to talk about it - he's living it up! (Or so I hope, anyway!)

All these thoughts have made me quite nostalgic. I can't believe I was a freshman living in the dorms at BYU 7 years ago! I had a good experience living in the dorms, but the best part was meeting a lot of wonderful girls that I am lucky enough to still call my friends. I don't stay in touch with everyone as much as I wish I did, but if any of you read my blog, this is a shout-out to you. To Hillary, Julia, Suzanne, Michon, Rachel, Amy, Lauren, Emily, Mary, Megan, Sara and many others...Happy 7 years! And I hope you enjoy these pictures as much I have been! :-)










5 comments:

Hillary M said...

Lauren! I'm so glad I decided to read your blog today. I always get nostalgic this time of year because it's when we all met and became friends freshman year at BYU. So, so, SO fun! I love you and hope you're doing well.

editor said...

Wow check out the babes!

Mary said...

Such good memories!

Megan said...

These were great years! And I am grateful for you. We may have had a couple rough moments. But overall I remember crazy outings, having fun together in our wards, and late night spiritual talks as roommates. Those 2 years at Helaman Halls and King Henry will long be remembered. Love you Lauren. :)

Suzanne said...

Lauren!! So much fun to see this pics. Sometimes I wish we could all go back in time :)

Love you, hope you Russ and Natalie are doing well. And from the looks of it you are!