Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Second Half

As of yesterday I am 22 weeks pregnant and firmly situated in the second half of this pregnancy. It is by far the best part. We just found out that we are having another girl, so the nursery planning and excitement over matching dresses and headbands is in full force. I am over the yucky first trimester nausea and throwing up stage and haven't yet hit the large, uncomfortable, when-will-this-end stage. Things are good. About two weeks ago I pulled out my maternity clothes, as the belly-bands were no longer cutting it, and had to buy a second pair of jeans that have a demi panel because my belly's not quite big enough to keep the full panel jeans up.
I keep thinking I have a really long way to go before this baby arrives, but every once in a while I realize that May 30th is coming faster than I thought.
I haven't been good about belly pictures this time (I wasn't great with Natalie either), but 22 weeks seemed like a good place to start. And just for the record, it wasn't until I looked at the picture on the camera that I realized how much of a "bump" I've actually got now. For some reason I haven't looked that big to myself in the mirror, but maybe that's just because I'm in denial about how big I'm bound to be by the time I deliver.

3 comments:

AmyJune said...

oh you look very cute.

Erika and Darren said...

That is great news! Congratulations.

Chelsea said...

Yay Lauren! Congratulations! That is AMAZING news! Girls are so much fun! I can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about it all! You look fabulous!