Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hap Day

aka Happy Birthday according to Natalie!
It was Russ' birthday last Tuesday and we had a few small celebrations to honor him as he turned one year older and wiser. Russ is not big into parties or making a big deal out of his birthday so things were simple, but I think that's just how he wanted them.

The two of us were able to go out for a nice date night to celebrate on the Saturday before his birthday. He choose the Lebanese Taverna for dinner and I was thrilled. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it and if you're worried about what to order, Russ and I would be happy to go with you and help pick things out. :-)

Monday evening we had a family celebration at his parent's home with both his siblings and their families. We had sandwiches, arguably one of Russ' favorite foods, and fruit parfaits for dessert.

Tuesday was his actual birthday and we celebrated with our little family at home. Natalie welcomed him home by waiting at the front door per usual and was thrilled to show him the balloons we had gotten for him (let's be honest, they were largely for her as well). Russ requested a birthday dinner of filet mignon, mashed sweet potatoes and sauteed green beans. I have never cooked filet mignon at home and not wanting to disappoint, took his request seriously. I found a local butcher for the meat and followed instructions very carefully on how to sear the meat and just how long to cook it. It was amazing, if I might say so myself.
I got a picture, though it doesn't do the meat justice. The camera was on auto, with a flash, and it didn't do it any favors. Just trust us. It was so good that Russ has requested this as birthday dinner forever and I am all in.
Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband and Natalie's great daddy. We are so lucky to have you!

No comments: