Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Natalie - 20 months

Natalie is continuing to talk up a storm and I love hearing her sweet little voice. I wanted to record some of my favorite Natalie-sayings at 20 months.
  • She calls herself "Nattie"
  • She can count correctly to five, but thinks it is so funny to count "1, 2, 5!" I'm not sure why she gets such a kick out of it, but she laughs every time.
  • She absolutely loves cars and points out all the different varieties of cars and trucks on the road. My favorite is "Dump dump" for dump truck. 
  • She loves to say "I did it!" after finishing a puzzle (one of her favorite activities) or anything else she is working on. She also says "I like it!" when we give her something to eat that she likes or when I'm getting her dressed in the morning and show her the outfit I've chosen for the day.
  • She is very independent and likes to do things for herself. She often says "Nattie do it" when I try to do something for her.
  • Natalie asks about Isla every morning as soon as we go in to get her out of her crib. She likes to look at her and show her things. She also likes to help get diapers and burp cloths when they are needed. Whenever Isla cries, Natalie immediately says "Isla sad" and often follows it up with "binky mouth".
  • She is a total tease and likes to make jokes. The truth is that she just loves to laugh and she finds herself pretty funny. She says "I funny bunny!" all the time after doing anything she finds amusing. 
  • She continues to love books and is developing favorite pages or parts of the story. It is becoming more and more difficult to read a book straight through because she wants to turn to her favorite part and read it over and over again. Her two current favorites are "Blue Fish" (One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish) and "Boom Boom Brownie" (Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?). The reason Mr. Brown is called "Boom Boom Brownie" is because one of her favorite parts of the book is "Boom Boom Boom Mr. Brown is a wonder, Boom Boom Boom Mr. Brown makes thunder." Although she likes to read specific parts, I can recite both books in their entirety completely from memory. :-)
  • Natalie is at such a fun age and I love how much we can communicate now. I am constantly surprised by things she can do and words that she knows and I absolutely love watching her personality grow. 
We pulled out the blow-up pool for Natalie last week and I could hardly believe how cute and grown-up she looked. I think she gets cuter by the day.








1 comment:

Rachel said...

Those little curls are to die for!