Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Aren't we all a little "Seriously, So Blessed"?

One of my friends tipped me off to my favorite new blog (no offense to all you out there who blog, but this tops the cake)! It's called "Seriously, So Blessed!" and is the best Mormon parody/satire/witty goodness I have seen in a long time, maybe ever. The girl who writes the blog made it up as a joke for some of her friends, but the news has spread like wildfire and the blog has already been written up in the Salt Lake Tribune, and The Daily Herald. The "writer" is a Utah girl who personifies every stereotype there is when it comes to living in Utah and being a newly married LDS woman with a baby on the way. I have literally laughed out loud while reading this blog and I find myself checking back every few days just to make sure I haven't missed something new.
The best part is that though it is ridiculously overplayed and hopefully no one actually thinks/talks like this girl, I think every LDS woman, especially those who have lived in Utah or other highly populated LDS areas, has something in common with this girl. I mean, half the things she writes wouldn't be funny to someone who didn't get all the acronyms and Mormon lingo. As much as I hate to admit it, I think every single one of us has a little "Seriously, So Blessed" in us. From time to time, we all fall into one category or another that this blog touches on. Just don't let it be all the time. :-)
So check out the blog and tell me what you think!

No comments: