Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Beginning

This is going to sound so typical, but we (ok, maybe just me) have decided to start a blog along with the rest of the known world. I have been thinking about it for a long time and now that we are married and a little more settled in, I figured now would be as good a time as ever. There are lots of things to consider when starting a blog. They are very in fashion right now, and it would be more than a little embarrassing to post a socially unacceptable, namely uncool, blog. At the risk of doing just that, I have officially joined the rat race.
One particularly important decision, which should I use - Russ or Russel? After thinking about it for a bit, I realized that in everyday life I tend to use both. There are distinctions, however. Russ tends to be for normal, conversational use. Russel, on the other hand, seems to be my preference when either he is in trouble or I am in trouble. For example, if he is doing the dishes when I told him I would do them, you might hear, "Russel, I told you I would do that!" To which he usually responds, "Sorry, I can't hear you!" (There aren't very many times when he is in trouble for doing something wrong - he's quite wonderful!)
Well I suppose that's all for the first post. I should probably get back to my English homework, though this does provide a much more entertaining outlet!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I love to check in with my family and friends to see what they're up to, so I'm glad I'll be able to see what you're doing so far away from sunny San Diego. Hope all is well!

Amy said...

Yeah, you are blogging. I hope you are doing well - you must be if you are "fighting" over who GETS to do the dishes!!!! It was so great being at your wedding. You guys are soooo cute together. Will you be in Mexico with us at Christmas time? I hope so.
Take care and tell Russ hi.

AmyJune said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!!!

Emily said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Hope you all are doing well.

Rachel said...

Love it,Lauren!

We need to get together soon!!!