Thursday, November 13, 2008

Celebrating 20 Years of Sisters


20 years ago today, I became a sister. I also became a fighter, a hitter, a sharer, a talker, a listener and a best friend. See, the way sisters work, you don't get the best friend part without the fighter part. That's the thing about sisters. You can want to ring her neck and then want to call her ten minutes later with the best news - the kind of news that is only as exciting to a sister as it is to you.

I found a quote once that describes exactly how I feel about being a sister.
"What's the good of news, if you haven't a sister to share it?" - Jenny DeVries

As I thought about being a sister, I came up with some things that seem that embody what a sister is, at least for me.
  1. A sister is the person you call when you can't call anyone else.
  2. A sister is the person you fight with the most, because they know you the best and they know how to hit where it hurts.
  3. A sister is the person you forgive faster than anyone, because it's no fun to be mad at your best friend.
Indulge me now, as I share some of my favorite moments from being a sister in the last few years.


The sketchy hotel in Murcia (or was it Elche?)


Giverny, Paris, France


The sister trip


Christmas in Barcelona

She was the first one I went to after Russ and I came out of the temple.


The very best thing about sisters is that even though 20 years is really amazing, forever is better.
Happy Birthday, Becca! I love you!

2 comments:

AmyJune said...

That's so sweet. I too am grateful for sisters.

Andy said...

Lauren, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of you and Rebecca as little girls. I know you are all grown up now and basically in the same stage of life as me, but that picture is how I will always remember you two little sweet girls. Thanks for posting!

-Andy