In the process of moving and unpacking, which I'll post about eventually, I came across all my old journals. I found one particular entry from November 2006 when I was deciding what I wanted to do the following summer. I wrote about how I was struggling to make a decision about interning in D.C. and how I wished someone could just make the decision for me.
I wrote, "I have a lot of options. It's definitely better than no options. But still, for every option I have to make a choice - decide yes or no. What happens if I make the wrong decision? What are the consequences of what I choose, or choose not, to do? Will where I intern this summer have any effect on what happens when I graduate? Or does this summer really not make a significant difference?"
Wow. I had completely forgotten how much I struggled with the decision to intern in D.C. and how much I struggled with where I would live once I got there, if I did at all. I can't even begin to imagine what my life would be like had I not made the decision to go. Nothing in my life would be the same. There would have been no opportunity to meet Russel. I wouldn't be married to him or living in northern Virginia and I wouldn't be getting ready to have a baby. It was such a pivotal decision and, of course, at the time I had no way of knowing. I am so grateful for the reminder of those events and the reminder that we can be led in our decisions through prayer and personal revelation. I have no doubt I made the right decision and that gives me such confidence as I go forward in my life, knowing that with the help of the Holy Ghost I can make correct decisions for me and my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment