A huge thank you to my sister, Rebecca, and my Grandma Stansel for coming to help out when Isla was born. Rebecca, or "Rebec" as Natalie called her, arrived three days before Isla was born. She was Natalie's best buddy while I was in the hospital, particularly the day Isla was born, as well as our whole first week as a family of four. She made us delicious dinners and even stayed a night with me in the hospital. Talk about nice...those pull-out chairs in the hospital don't look particularly comfortable!
Sadly I didn't get a single picture with Rebecca. How did I let that happen?! Luckily she'll be back here in a few months when Gerrit starts law school at GWU! We can't wait to have you back!
My Grandma was also so kind to come out and help. To my knowledge she has been there to help after the births of every one of her 27 grandchildren (of which I'm the first!), which makes her an expert in the "helping out with a new baby" field. She was wonderful. She played with Natalie, fixed breakfast, lunch and dinner, cleaned my house and talked with me while I nursed and nursed.
I was spoiled rotten to have these wonderful women in my home spending time with me and my family. Thank you for all you did to help and for being such a support to us. I don't think I would have made it through the first couple weeks without you both!
1 comment:
Lauren you look great and you look like a pro. Way to go! And way to nurse and nurse and nurse!
Post a Comment