Isla's blessing weekend was absolutely crazy. My mom had been in town for almost a week. Thursday evening my Dad and brother Jonathon flew in as well. Friday we packed and packed some more. Saturday morning we moved. I can hardly say it was just Saturday morning though. The move began at 8am and Russ brought the last box over to our new place somewhere around 12:30am that night. I don't know for sure because I was already asleep. Russ is a good man. And so, for that matter, are my dad and brother and Russ' dad, brother, brother-in-law and our good friend Brett. They helped us move all day long. We also couldn't have done it without my mom, mother-in-law and sisters-in-law. Sunday morning went smoothly, mostly because I had packed all of our church clothes and Isla's blessing dress in a special suitcase that only I was allowed to touch during the move the day before. It was also a huge blessing that we even had milk in our refrigerator, and all the credit on that one goes to my selfless friend Emily who spent her Saturday afternoon helping me unpack and going grocery shopping for me. Yes, she went grocery shopping for me. It was so kind.
Sunday afternoon finally arrived and everything calmed down, even if it was only for about an hour. Isla was so beautiful in her white blessing dress. She looked like a little angel. It the same dress that Natalie wore a year and a half ago and that I wore 26 years ago on my blessing day. We were fortunate to have so many wonderful friends and family members there to support Isla and our family. Russ did a beautiful job on the blessing. Among other things, he blessed Isla to stay close to the Lord and to learn through the experiences in her life how to be like Him. I couldn't hope for more for my daughter. I am so grateful for Russ, that he holds and honors his Priesthood and is such a wonderful father to Natalie and Isla.
The blessing circle included Russ, Isla's Grandpa Waddell and Grandpa Marsh, Isla's uncles Jamie Marsh and Abraham Deskins, Isla's great-uncle Jim Stansel, and our good friends Brett Hamilton and Jeff Jardine.
Right after the blessing, before church had even ended, Russ had to leave to drive down to UVA for a week-long banking certification program. After church ended, most of the family went back to my in-law's home for dinner. They were so kind to host us and it really worked out that I didn't have to make dinner considering I didn't know where most of my kitchen things were after the move. My Dad and Jonathon flew out the next morning and my Mom and I were left with the girls and a house full of boxes. It is a miracle that she was able to stay that week. She helped me with the girls while Russ was gone and managed to unpack the majority of my house before she left the following Sunday.
Like I said earlier, Isla's blessing weekend was crazy. But it was also amazing. I realized amidst all the craziness just how blessed I am; how blessed my little family is. We were the recipients of so much kindness and service. We have two beautiful little girls and we have the awesome opportunity to teach and raise them. Most of all, we know of a kind, merciful and loving Heavenly Father and of our Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave His life for us and who leads us to be like Him. We are blessed indeed.


1 comment:
Oh MY HECK!!!! You are crazy!
I'm sure it was even crazier and chaotic then you accounted!
Regardless, you all look fantastic, and those darling little girls! Good luck with your new place. I'm sure it will be a good thing! :)
Post a Comment