Thursday, November 1, 2012
5 months
I can't believe my little Tiny is 5 months old! She is growing up right before my eyes. I missed posting about her at 4 months, due to a lovely little kidney stone that I'll mention later, so this will just have to count for both months.
For the sake of the record, at 4 months Isla weighed 16 lbs, 4 oz and was 26 1/2 inches long. At 5 months she weighs 17 lbs even and is still 26 1/2 inches long.
A few more things about Isla at 5 months:
- Her hair is getting lighter and thicker.
- She wears size 3 diapers and is in mostly 6-9 month clothes (some 3-6 month and some up to 12 month items).
- Isla loves playing with her feet, which means I now have two girls who take their socks off everywhere we go.
- She is so-so on her feelings toward the binky. Sometimes she takes one and sometimes she doesn't care to. She does suck on the first two fingers of both hands.
- Isla is a babbling a lot now. She is definitely discovering her voice.
- She is more and more aware of everything going on around her, which significantly impacts nursing and diaper changes. Nursing in particular has become more challenging as after the first few minutes when her initial thirst is satisfied, she wants to look around and see who is in the room and what else is going on.
- She still goes by "Tiny" and her list of nicknames has grown to include "Isla Bird" and "Cutie Putie" as well. Cutie Putie came about after I called her a cutie patootie one day. Natalie copied me, but it came out cutie putie instead and it stuck.
- Isla watches every move Natalie makes.
- Isla is still a total mama's girl. She does ok with Russ and is not so great with everyone else. She can be screaming with someone else and as soon as she is handed back to me she is fine and smiley again. It makes me feel loved and also makes for an often sore and very strong left arm.
I love you my little Isla Bird!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love those cheeks! She sounds like such a sweetie.
Post a Comment