Thursday, November 1, 2012

October Round-Up

I can't believe we're now past October. It is one of my favorite months. All the leaves changing, the crisp air and breaking out all the fall recipes. Russ thinks I'm weird for categorizing recipes into ones that can only be made in cool or hot weather, but I think it's totally normal. And even if its not, I'm sticking to it. After all, I like looking forward to making certain soups and pumpkin things and apple crisp. I don't think they would taste as good if I made them year round.
All that said, this October was a little painful. Actually, a lot painful due to one big, annoying kidney stone. Thank goodness for modern medicine, but it still made me sad to miss out on one of my favorite months. I tried to make up for my almost two-week long kidney stone situation by spending every day for the last two weeks outside as much as possible. The girls and I love being outside. A few highlights of our month:




Isla tried oatmeal cereal for the first time. She isn't on any set eating schedule yet, but she seems to like it so far.

Isla tried out the swing for the first time. I didn't really push her, but she enjoyed sitting in it.
Natalie doesn't exactly love having her picture taken, unless of course I'm taking Isla's picture and then she wants to be in on the action.




This girl loves the park!

My little cutie after church

 The picture is not great, but I was proud of these homemade tortillas. They were so delicious, I'm going to have a hard time buying flour tortillas from the store again.




We have been loving the fall leaves around here. Virginia is so beautiful this time of year.

1 comment:

Spencer and Julia said...

I definitely do the same thing with recipes. I think it makes everything more enjoyable in its season. Plus, who really wants to eat soup in July? I'm sorry about your kidney stone but so glad you had beautiful weather to enjoy when you were feeling well. Your girls are just darling.