Thursday, December 20, 2012

2 Years

I started writing this on Natalie's actual birthday and things have kept popping up and getting in the way of my finishing it. No more excuses! It's now been over a month, so it is high time I get this up so I can celebrate my 2-year-old!





 I got these cute shots of Natalie a few days after her birthday. Normally she fights me on taking her picture, but on this day she told me she wanted to smile for the camera and I took full advantage of her willing attitude. :-)

There are so many things I want to remember about Natalie right now. She is full of personality and talks nonstop. She expresses herself so well and it is so fun to hear about all the things that run through that mind of hers.
At age 2, Natalie:
  • Likes seafood, particularly shrimp, salmon and crab. For her birthday dinner she requested sushi, crab and donuts. We went to our local Wegmans grocery store, where we were able to meet her requests with California rolls (sushi with cooked crab) and chocolate donuts with sprinkles. I love that she is an adventurous eater! She has also been eating at the table with us for a few months and does a good job using a fork and spoon.
  • Still loves Curious George. She also now enjoys Dora, Cat in the Hat and Blue's Clues. She gets to watch her shows while I shower and get ready in the morning. She watches the shows on my iPad and she thinks it belongs to her.
  • Goes to bed between 7:30 and 8pm and wakes up around 7am. She usually takes a 1 1/2 or 2 hour nap, but is starting top wean herself off them. Once or twice a week she won't take her nap for the day.
  • Loves her blankie and always sleeps with it at nap time and bedtime. She also still uses a binky for naps and bedtime, but no other time during the day. We'll have to work on that soon.
  •  Loves to joke around and laugh. She likes to entertain when people come over and especially hams it up for Grandma and Grandpa Waddell on skype and for her cousins.
  • She loves to be outside and would chose to play outside over pretty much anything else.
  • She loves books and words that rhyme.  
  • Loves her Daddy. She anxiously awaits his arrival home from work at the end of the day. Dad has also come up with a few great ideas to help out with things she doesn't normally like doing. For example, she was fighting us every time we put lotion on her after her baths. Russ told her the lotion would make her skin "soft like a bunny" and now she loves getting lotion put on after baths and asks for it other times as well. 
  • Is a great helper with Isla. Every time I need to change a diaper, Natalie gets the diaper and wipes for me. She is also great at getting burp cloths and helps me set the table for meals. She brings over the silverware and then carries over one plate at a time. 
  • Is really getting in to coloring. It is one of her new favorite activities. 
  • Likes to sing songs and recite her favorite books. Currently she has been enjoying holiday books and songs for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I love you so much, Natalie! 

No comments: