The best part about the Reston Zoo is the wagon ride. They take you around to see all the animals that just roam a big field and the animals come right up to the wagon where you can pet and feed them. Cool, right? Natalie wasn't nervous at all about the huge animals coming up to us. I, on the other hand, got a bit nervous when a big llama tried to stick its head into Isla's car seat. I don't think so, llama. I was all over that.
As the Watusi (the big African bull below)
started walking over, Natalie stood up on the bench, pointed and
yelled, "It's a moose!" It was hilarious. Everyone on the wagon busted
up laughing and Natalie was a little confused as to what was so funny.
Needless to say, she had a great time.
They also have a neat aviary where you can go in and feed the birds with little sticks of bird seed. Natalie was totally unphased at first, even with a few birds landing on her arms, but eventually it got to be a little too much for her and she passed off the bird seed to Dad.
Isla spent the entire time bundled up in her carseat and was happy as could be all snug and warm. When I pulled back the blankets to make sure she wasn't getting too hot, this is the face she pulled. "Don't bug me, Mom."
No comments:
Post a Comment